Athletics Eligibility Requirements
It is a privilege and an honor to wear the “EAGLES” uniform.
TO PLAY A SPORT YOU MUST… Be COMMITTED to your STUDIES and your SPORT!
- Always do your best work!!
- Maintain a minimum Grade Point Average (GPA) of 2.0
- GPA will be calculated at the end of each semester (January and June) to determine athletic eligibility.
- Tutoring and study hall will be available.
- Come to school !!! Attendance will be monitored weekly.
- You MUST maintain less than 10 absences for the entire year
- You MUST maintain less than 20 tardies and early dismissals combined for the entire year
- Be on your best behavior!!! Earn a minimum 2.00 in conduct each semester.
- Have a current Physical on file with the athletic office prior to participation.
- You MUST USE the M-DCPS PHYSICAL FORM, which may be picked up in wall bins outside the Athletics Office or downloaded from this web page (see Athletics Eligibility Packet section below).
- M-DCPS Physical must be dated after July 1st for the 2011-12 school year.
- Purchase the mandatory school insurance prior to participation.
- Insurance is nonrefundable.
- Insurance may not be purchased until all other eligibility requirements have been met.
- Please turn in the completed Physical Packet at least one day prior to purchasing insurance.
- See the Insurance Policy Benefits section below for more information on insurance.
- $30 (cash) for all sports including football conditioning program
- additional $76 (cash) for Fall Football season
- additional $23 for Spring Football season
- Required Personal Documentation
- Bring your original Birth Certificate to the Athletics Office.
- a copy will be made for the athletic files and the original will be returned.
- American citizen must have a Birth Certificatek
- Born outside the United States- can present either a birth certificate/passport/alien card.
Athletic Eligibility Packet (See Files section below to download Packet)
FM-3439 Rev. (07-15)
The Athletic Eligibility Packet designated by FM-3439 now contains the following forms:
o Athletic Physical Form Procedures Sheet
o Athletic Physical Form Information Sheet
o FHSAA EL2 – Preparticipation Physical Evaluation Form
o FHSAA EL3 – Consent and Release from Liability Certification Form – Revised 05/13
o FHSAA EL3CH – Consent and Release from Liability Certificate for Concussion and Heat-Related Illness
o M-DCPS Student Contract for Student Participation in Interscholastic Competitions or Performances, FM -7155 Rev. (06-12)
o M-DCPS Student and Parent Acknowledgement and Consent Form
o M-DCPS Parent Notarization and Sportsmanship Agreement page
* Please remove instructions & additional M-DCPS Contract translations, print/copy front-to-back, and staple in order before completing.
See below to download.
If you have any questions please email the Athletics Director Mr. Jorge Diaz at email@example.com.
Insurance Policy Benefits
See below to download. ((See Files section below to download Packet))
Free Physical (TBA)
A parent must be present to notarize the consent forms before students take the physical. (BRING: Physical Form with all required information, medical history, and signatures required)
*A Notary will be available for parents with proper photo identification